What This Means for You
- If you recently applied for Indian status registration for yourself or a child, there will be a longer than usual wait time.
- If your status card has expired, retailers may accept your card with supporting photo ID (driver’s licence, BCID, passport, etc.).
- If your status card has been lost or stolen, you can email the ISC Public Enquiries contact centre at InfoPubs@aadnc-aandc.gc.ca to request a Temporary Confirmation of Registration Document. You will need to confirm personal information such as:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Registry Number (e.g.: 69x xxx xxxx)*
- Band Name (e.g.: Lower Nicola Indian Band)
- Mailing Address
*If unsure of your Registry Number, please contact Geraldine by email at firstname.lastname@example.org